- Brand: PhenBlue
- Made By: Intechra Health
- Type: Fat burner
- Country: Canada, USA, UK and many more
- Price Per Bottle/Packet: $64
- Special Offers: buy 6 months at $46.50 per bottle
- Quick Comment: Competing in the phentermine alternative market – buying this would be a compromise. PhenQ is preferred
- Where To Buy: from its own official website
PhenBlue is a phentermine substitute that promises to provide the same effective weight loss results as phentermine, but without any of the associated health risks.
Phentermine has been linked to severe and potentially life-threatening side effects, but it has such a powerful reputation for providing effective weight loss it continues to be a much sought drug, even though its use has been banned.
The unavailability of the drug has left a noticeable gap in the market that many health and fitness supplement manufacturers have tried to fill by developing their own phentermine substitute products. Many of these fall well short of the mark, so it is easy to become overly skeptical whenever the words “phentermine substitute” are mentioned.
PhenBlue is manufactured in the US, by Intechra Health and the majority of sales are made via the official PhenBlue website. The site has a professional look and contains a reasonable amount of product information. It also provides easy contact options that allow around the clock access to the company’s customer service department, so first impressions are good and suggest that Intechra Health is a reputable company.
Dosage and Claimed Benefits
The manufactures are quick to point out their capsules are pharmaceutical grade and use only natural, “clinically proven” ingredients. Other promised benefits include:
- Works like phentermine
- Burns fat 24 hours a day
- Preserves muscle mass
- Enhanced mood and elevated energy
- Boosted metabolism
- Suppressed appetite
One capsule should be taken twice a day, with 8 oz. of water, 30 minutes before breakfast and lunch. Dieters are recommended to adhere to a calorie reduced diet and follow a program of regular exercise. If these conditions are met, the manufacturers claim their product can deliver a weight loss of 10 to 20 lbs. in 30 days.
This all sounds very promising, but PhenBlue is not a tested and proven product, so we will need to take a closer look at what goes into the blend and try to ascertain if any of these claims are likely to hold water.
Overall, the list of ingredients looks pretty promising, but inclusion rates are omitted and this makes it hard to say how much power the blend may have.
- 1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine (caffeine anhydrous): This is a form of caffeine powder, and the stimulatory effects of caffeine are well known; so this inclusion may contribute to the promised elevated energy levels and might also provide appetite suppression benefits (if included in sufficient quantity).
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5HTP): An amino acid that stimulates the production of serotonin and promotes a feeling of wellbeing that may (theoretically) remove the desire for binging or comfort eating.
- 7-Keto-Dehydroepiandrosterone Acetate (7-Keto-DHEA): A hormone that is often incorporated in weight loss blends due to its ability to encourage fat burning through thermogenesis. Some evidence suggests 7-Keto-DHEA may also provide an enhanced metabolism.
- Epigallocatechin 3-Gallate (EGCG): Further study is required, but some tests suggest EGCG supplementation may promote thermogenesis. Also contains high levels of antioxidants, so this is probably a healthy inclusion.
- Forskolin: Extracted from a plant native to Kenya, and often included as an ingredient in bodybuilding formulations because of its reputation for encouraging the growth of lean muscle tissue.
There is a distinct lack of PhenBlue customer feedback. This is a great pity because, without any blend inclusion rates to work with, customer feedback may have provided an insight into the power of Intechra Health’s chosen formulation.
Side Effects and Health Issues
The official website fails to state if side effects are possible, but some of the ingredients are known to be problematic for some user groups. The manufacturers’ failure to mention this on their sales page is particularly disappointing because they are obviously aware of these issues, and although the product label bears some cautionary advice, many buyers will not see this until they have already made a purchase.
Not intended for:
- Pregnant or nursing mothers
- Children under 18
- People taking prescription drugs
The Bottom Line – Do We Recommmend
The PhenBlue website creates a very good first impression and Intechra Health appears to be one of the more reputable suppliers of dietary aids. The list of ingredients they have chosen for use in PhenBlue is equally impressive, and may have the potential to provide all of the promised benefits, so the lack of inclusion rates is all the more disappointing.
This product could very well be the phentermine substitute that so many dieters are looking for, but it has no customer feedback, is quite expensive to buy, has not been tested and is far from being proven. It is also unsuitable for many user groups, so although it would be harsh to discount PhenBlue entirely; it may not work, and might cause side effects, so buyer discretion is advised.
Where To Buy PhenBlue
Can be ordered online from the official website
Its hard to look outside of PhenQ for this genre or indeed any fat burning product. PhenQ is the market leader and rightly so.
PhenQ has many testimonials and success stories (by real people) and has been the focus of many products trying to emulate its success.