Starlight FatFree is a diet bill brought to market by by Starlight International. The company was founded by the Hollywood movie producer Steven Goldberg and the official website states he chose to make this huge change in career focus due to a desire to build a company that “makes a positive difference in the world”.
We fail to see how being a movie money man would give him the knowledge and experience necessary for producing effective dietary supplements, but Starlight International markets a number of other health and wellness products. FatFree is the only one intended for people who need help in managing their weight.
Although it’s possible to buy products directly from the company website, Starlight International is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that actively seeks out people who are wishing to create their own business, work as an official product distributor, and recruit other people for their company downline. Products that are marketed in this way don’t tend to have a good reputation, but that is not sufficient reason to dismiss this one out of hand.
Alleged Starlight FatFree Benefits
- Helps to curb fat and control your appetite any day you choose
- 100% natural and free from drugs and artificial compounds
Starlight FatFree Method of Action
The product is marketed as a fat blocker that suppresses the appetite as well. Fat blockers lower calorie intake by limiting the body’s ability to absorb dietary fat. Appetite suppressants help people to avoid the hunger urges that could cause them to stray from the constraints of their low calorie diets.
Key Ingredients and Blend Potential
Each (2 tablet) serving provides:
- Glucomannan (1000mg): A extremely absorbent high fibre ingredient extracted from the roots of the konjac plant. When glucomannan is consumed with a sufficient amount of water, the fibres quickly expand and reduce hunger by creating a feeling of fullness in the stomach. There is plenty of scientific evidence that proves the ingredient works and its value as an appetite suppressant is endorsed by health experts at the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). However, study results suggest it will only work when three (1 gram) doses are taken per day. Furthermore, the doses need to be taken with one to two glasses of water, half-an-hour before main meals. The dose provided here is bang on, but people who want to lose weight will need to choose to take three doses every day. An “any day you choose” attitude will get them nowhere.
- Platycodon Grandiflorum Extract, 5:1 (140mg): Although it’s popular as an ornamental flower (balloon flower), platycodon grandiflorum is also used as a medicinal herb. Hamster-based study suggests saponin glycosides provided by platycodon grandiflorum may block cholesterol absorption and have anti-obesity abilities, but the fact that they appear to do this for hamsters does not mean they will do it for people as well. The extract used here is a 5.1 extract. That means it has been concentrated to five times the strength of normal extracts.
- Maitake Mushroom Extract, 4:1 (50mg): An adaptogen that can benefit the health in many ways. When Japanese herbalists discovered the ingredient they named it maitake (dancing) because they saw it has having such great medicinal value it made them feel like dancing with joy. It’s unlikely to directly assist weight loss, but its presence could provide health benefits of other kinds. The extract used here is designed to be four times as strong as normal maitake mushroom extracts.
- Gymneme Sylvestre (100mg): A popular Ayurvedic medicinal compound sourced from a shrub. It appears to have potential for treating obesity and diabetes, but further research is much to be desired.
Starlight FatFree Side Effects & Health Considerations
Maitake mushroom extract is not a popular diet pill ingredient and platycodon grandiflorum requires further study. Both ingredients are added as high strength extracts and this is a possible cause for concern.
Especially bearing in mind the lack of reliable customer reviews. We suggest you have a chat with your doctor before using this product and only begin taking the tablets if your doctor says it is safe for you to do so.
Where To Buy Starlight FatFree
You can buy Starlight FatFree from the manufacturer’s website and the cost per bottle is $35. In theory, it should also be possible to purchase the product from a Starlight distributor, but we were unable to find any distributor-run websites.
This could suggest there is not a lot of interest in the Starlight business opportunity. It may also indicate past distributors have been unable to make any money and given it up as a bad idea.
Starlight products have a 30-day money back guarantee.
Starlight FatFree Customer Comments
The only customers reviews we could find are published on the manufacturers website and all of them are credited to Starlight distributors. People who are trying to make money from a company’s products are unlikely to say negative things about the items they are trying to sell, so none of the reviews offered can be seen as being reliable and/or unbiased.
Starlight seems to have got things a little back to front. The company places most of its focus on the product’s fat blocking ability, which is questionable at best.
Starlight FatFree is likely to offer the most benefit when used as an appetite suppressant but this appears to be seen as a secondary ability.
However, although glucomannan is a good appetite suppressant, the extracts provided will need to be of a sufficiently high quality. Potential users of this product need to be aware of this before they make a rush decision and buy.
It’s not unheard of for a glucomannan supplement to be at total flop and the absence of reliable customer feedback makes this one a bit of a gamble.
There is a money back guarantee if people need it, but 30 days does not give anyone enough time to evaluate the product’s potential. All of the best diet pills come with a guarantee that’s twice as long, so Starlight FatFree does not compare well with the other options available.