- Brand: Metaburn
- Made By: Pharmamuscle
- Type: Thermogenic fat burner
- Country: United States, Canada, UK, Australia
- Price Per Bottle/Packet: Check website
- Special Offers: None.
- Quick Comment: It has celebrity endorsements, a good website, manufactured by a highly reputable company – the only problem being it is not as effective as the market leaders in our opinion
- Where To Buy: From the official website.
Metaburn is a fat burning supplement produced in Britain by Pharmamuscle. The company also manufactures several other supplements, most of which appear to have been produced with bodybuilders in mind, but fat burners are of universal appeal so there is no reason why Metaburn should not be used by anyone who has less ambitious weight loss needs.
According to Pharmamuscle Metaburn is one of the most effective thermogenic fat burners on the market. That sounds like a blatant self-endorsement, but we’ll reserve judgment for now and try not to hold that against them. They also draw attention to their “advanced triple action formula”, but fail to elaborate on what this is, but that’s no biggie either because they provide a full list of ingredients and inclusion rates so the most important information is there.
How does Metaburn Assist Weight Loss?
Metaburn has been designed to encourage thermogenic fat burning. The key ingredients have been chosen for their ability to trigger a slight increase in increase in the body’s core temperature, speed up the metabolic rate, and encourage the body to begin burning its existing fat stores. The process also releases a lot of calories (from the fat) that then become available for use and provide an extra surge of energy.
Each capsule provides
- Green Tea Extract (90% polyphenols) (133mg)
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (120mg)
- Raspberry Ketones (120mg)
- L-Tyrosine (110mg)
- Citrus Orange Peel Extract (Sinetrol) (100mg)
- CLA Powder (100mg)
- L-Carnitine L Tartrate (50mg)
- L-Threonine (40mg)
- NutraActive (Protease, Lipase, Amylase, Bromelain, Papain) (25mg)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCL) (10mg)
- Capsicum (10mg)
- Biotin (100mcg)
- Chromium (Picolinate) (50mcg)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) (25mcg)
This is a very impressive mix of ingredients, nearly all of which are renowned for their fat burning abilities. Some shine a little brighter than others though.
- Green coffee bean extract is a potent source of chlorogenic acid—a compound with a proven fat burning ability. In one study (published in the January 2012 issue of Diabetes Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity) 16 obese adults received daily doses of green coffee bean extract. After 12 weeks the average weight loss achieved was 18 lbs.
- Raspberry Ketones are also a good weight loss provider. During one his TV shows, the American fitness and dieting guru Dr. Oz dubbed the ingredient “a miracle in a bottle” and conducted a study using members of his studio audience, who returned to the show, some weeks later, several pounds lighter and full of praise for raspberry ketones.
- Citrus Orange Peel Extract (Sinetrol) is a patent-protected fat burner, created in France, from a combination of elements taken from various citrus fruits including grapefruits and lemons. At least two clinical studies confirm it works. In one of them, conducted over three months, volunteers lost 5.6kg when compared to the placebo group.
- Capsicum is also a proven thermogenic fat burner. The amount included here is very low, but it keeps such good company that this should not be an issue.
Customer Feedback & Testimonials
Customer reviews are in short supply, but those available are very good:
Metaburn capsules also carry the endorsement of the reality TV stars Holly Hogan (Geordie Shore) and Lateysha Grace
Side Effects & Health Issues
Side effects are unlikely to be an issue, but pregnant and nursing mothers should consult their doctor before taking any form of supplement. The same advice is offered to anyone who has any existing health problems and/or concerns about product suitability.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Metaburn capsules only appear to be available from two online sources—the Pharmamuscle website and Vitamin Planet—but Pharmamuscle do not offer international shipping so non-UK customers will be limited to Vitamin Planet. This is not a bad thing because Vitamin Planet offer significant price reductions and also provide customers with a 30 day money back guarantee (Pharmamuscle only accept returns if the product is unopened).
Metaburn should do everything it says on the tin. It’s a thermogenic fat burner—pure and simple—and the ingredient profile reflects this fact. Few competing blends offer such a varied and complete mix of fat burning ingredients so Metaburn could be a serious contender for the fat burning supplement top-spot.
Customer feedback is also very good and the fact that a couple of minor celebrities are willing to lay their reputations on the line by issuing product endorsement adds further product credibility. Metaburn appears to deliver the goods so it is a recommended fat burning product.