- Brand: Lean +
- Made By: Genuine Health
- Type: Weight Management
- Country: Typically US, Canada, Australia
- Price Per Bottle/Packet: Varies from store to store
- Special Offers: Check official website for offers
- Quick Comment: Its a complete weight management supplement – in our opinion it is a compromise compared to many other products..
- Where To Buy: From many stores including: Abaco Health, Canadian Vitamin Shop and Victoria’s Health. Also from the official store
If you are contemplating Lean + then it is most likely due to its natural based composition. The lead ingredients (Garcinia Cambogia) is found in many current weight loss supplements – it is our opinion that Garcinia Cambogia Extra is the most effective of this kind of product on the market
Genuine Health Lean + Review
Lean+ is a diet pill produced by Genuine Health. The company is based in Toronto and was founded 20 years ago by Stewart Brown. The company has since gone from strength to strength an presently offers an impressive range of natural health-enhancing products, several of which are designed to provide weight loss. Lean+ is one of their more popular products.
- Stimulates BAT (brown adipose tissue) cells and encourages increased fat-burning
- Increases the breakdown of stored fat by triggering fat-releasing enzymes/increasing intracellular communication
- Increases metabolic rate through increased thermogenesis
- Curbs the appetite
- Improves carbohydrate metabolism
- Inhibits fat production
How the Formulation Works
Like many other weight loss formulations, Lean+ has been designed to tackle weight management issues in several ways. Many of the benefits listed above could be achieved by the use of just one ingredient—garcinia cambogia—and it does account for most of the formulation, but several other ingredients are also present. Whether these add strength to the formulation, or take it away, could all come down to a question of how well the various ingredients have been juggled.
Each (2 capsule) dose provides:
- Garcinia cambogia (696mg): Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit native to certain African and South-East Asian countries. It is known to be a highly nutritious food and the rind of the fruit is rich in hydroxycitric acid (HCA). It is this component that provides garcinia cambogia with its weight loss enhancing abilities. According to the label, the garcinia cambogia in Lean+ has been standardised to supply 50% HCA, so it should be a potent dose. The HCA in garcinia Cambogia assists weight loss in three ways. Firstly, it stimulates the production of the “feel good” hormone serotonin, which can suppress the appetite. Secondly, it works on existing fat cells, dispersing fat globules and causing them to breakdown. Finally, HCA inhibits the abilities of hormones (alpha amylase and intestinal alpha glucosidase) that are important for carbohydrate metabolism.
- Guggul gum extract (150mg): A sap-based ingredient taken from an Indian tree. Guggul is believed to stimulate the production of thyroid hormones that are necessary for a quick and efficient metabolism. It is also often credited with the ability to stimulate BAT cells and trigger thermogenic fat burning, but further study is required and side effects can be an issue for some users.
- ForsLean (100mg): A trademarked ingredient that provides standardized extracts taken from the roots of the coleus forskohlii plant. It assists weight loss via a complicated process that begins with stimulating production of the membrane-bound enzyme, adenylyl cyclase, and culminates with the triggering of hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) which is then believed to produce weight loss via the process of catalyses lipolysis. The 8-week pilot study produced some promising results, and weight loss was deemed “statistically significant”, so it is a promising ingredient, but further study is probably warranted.
- Cayenne fruit (50mg): Cayenne is a proven thermogenic fat burner that can increase the metabolic rate by up to 25%. It is also believed to work as an appetite suppressant. In one study, conducted in 2010, the researchers discovered eating half a teaspoon of cayenne (from food or capsule) helped their (normal-weight, young adult) test subjects to burn around 10 more calories than the control group (over a four-hour period).
- Alpha lipoic acid (50mg): A powerful antioxidant that is found in many foods including spinach and broccoli. It also aids the efficient conversion of carbohydrates to energy. Some studies suggest taking 1,800 mg of alpha lipoic acid each day can assist weight loss, but the amount included here is considerably less.
- Green tea leaf extract (20mg): A number of studies are supportive of green tea’s fat burning abilities. It is one of the most popular diet pill inclusions in the world, but the amount provided here is probably too low to add much value to the formulation.
How to Take Genuine Health Lean+
Two capsules should be taken each day, with food, and supplementation may be continued for a period of 12 weeks, after which a consultation with a health care practitioner is recommended if supplementation is to be continued. Best results will be obtained by using the capsules alongside a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Genuine Health Lean + Customer Feedback
The product information page at the Genuine Health website provides three positive reviews that suggest the product works in the promised manner, but no independent customer feedback could be found.
Genuine Health Lean + Side Effects
Genuine Health states the formulation is unsuitable for pregnant women and suggests nursing mothers seek a doctor’s advice prior to commencing supplementation. They also state the formulation is unsuitable for people who have liver disorders, iron deficiencies, high blood pressure, or stomach ulcers and/or inflammation. This advice should probably be also extended to anyone who has existing health issues or concerns of any kind.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Genuine Health products are not available from the company website, but can be purchased from many Canadian online stores, including Well.ca and Nutrition Plus. Prices can vary from one retailer to the next, but expect to pay around CAD$ 27 for a bottle of 60 capsules or upwards of CAD$ 45 for 120 capsules.
Other Product To Consider
As mentioned and highlighted in this reviews opening we recommend Garcinia Cambogia Extra.
Garcinia Cambogia Extra contains the required daily dosage of Garcinia Cambogia and also the required daily dosage of raspberry Ketone Ketone. It is competitively priced, from a reputable company and has a 2 month gurantee.