ThermoKal is a food supplement developed in the USA by Metabolic Nutrition. It’s designed to function as an energy-providing fat burner that can help people become leaner without any loss of muscle mass.
It is not unusual for some degree of muscle loss to occur while dieting. This can be a big problem for bodybuilders when they are trying to lower their percentage of body fat in an attempt to get “cut” for an upcoming competition. For anyone who falls into this category, ThermoKal has obvious appeal, but Metabolic Nutrition state their product is not just for bodybuilders.
They claim it is suitable for anyone who needs to burn extra calories, get rid of body fat, and have increased energy throughout the day.
The company also points out the pills do not contain caffeine and claim this allows them to get to work on stubborn stores of body fat without causing the “uncomfortable stimmed out feeling” that other fat burners do. That’s all well and good, but although the formulation is caffeine-free it contains several other stimulants. The claim that the formulation will be ideal for “anyone who is stimulant sensitive” simply cannot be upheld.
The Claims Made For ThermoKal
- Delivers a long-lasting energy boost
- Powerful sustained thermogenic fat burning
- Maintains hard-earned muscle tissue
- Helps you get the muscular physique you deserve
The Ingredients and the Benefits They May Offer
Each (1 capsule) dose of ThermoKal provides:
- Chromium (400mcg)
- Vitamin B3 (20mg)
- Vitamin B6 (4.25mg)
- Vitamin B12 (100mcg)
The presence of chromium comes as not surprise. It’s one of the most commonly used diet pill ingredients on the planet. Chromium has value because it helps prevent the overly elevated insulin levels that can trigger a severe drop in blood sugar levels. This is a useful ability because low blood sugar triggers a desire for sweet food.
B Vitamins are an equally common diet pill inclusion because they help ensure an efficient metabolism.
The formulation contains a further eight ingredients, but inclusion rates are not available because they are housed in a proprietary blend (700mg):
- TeaCrine: A patented theacrine extract. Theacrine is a stimulant that is believed to possess abilities that are similar to those provided by caffeine.
- Yohimbe: A stimulant derived from tree bark (yohimbe tree). It is often added to bodybuilding supplements because it’s believed to be support the growth of healthy muscle tissue. Yohimbe has also acquired a reputation as a fat burner, so it’s becoming an increasingly popular diet pill inclusion.
- Kinetiq: A patented ingredient sourced from a species of fruit (citrus aurantium). The power component is a stimulant called synephrine. Science has proven a link between synephrine usage and fat burning, but the wisdom of combining such a powerful ingredient with so many other stimulants is questionable.
- Berberine: One more stimulant to add to the mix. It has been suggested berberine may help keep blood sugar levels on an even keel, but there is no scientific proof to show that this is so.
- Evodiamine: Does this blend really need yet another stimulant? Apparently so. Evodiamine has proven fat burning abilities, but only for rats. Science has yet to prove it can work for humans as well.
- Paradoxine: A proprietary blend of ginger extract. It may have value as a fat burner, but evidence of this is limited to just one study.
- Capsimax: A proprietary blend of chilli pepper extract. When it comes to fat burning, chilli pepper is a hot property, but it’s fiery nature can make it hard on the stomach. Capsimax utilizes a special “OmniBead” technology that makes easier to digest.
- Black pepper extract: Black pepper contains a component called piperine that has the ability to help other ingredients be absorbed more efficiently.
What Customers are Saying About ThermoKal
Extensive online searches failed to discover any customer reviews for this product.
Possibility of Side Effects
ThermoKal is not suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing a child. Metabolic Nutrition recommend all potential users seek a doctor’s approval before using this product. Bearing in mind the amount of stimulants involved, this is very good advice.
The Best Place to Buy ThermoKal
ThermoKal is only available from the manufacturer’s website. There are 60 capsules per bottle and the price is USD$ 35.99 (CAD$ 47.10) plus shipping.
ThermoKal does not have a money back guarantee.
The Final Judgement
As far as weight loss goes, Capsimax is the most promising inclusion, but it is only one of 12 ingredients, so it seems probable its abilities will be hampered by a low inclusion rate.
ThermoKal should work well as an energy providing supplement though. With so many stimulants thrown into the mix a good energy buzz is practically guaranteed. The pills could work well for people who are hoping to intensify their efforts in the gym, but if you are seeking stimulant-free weight loss, ThermoKal is not the way to go.